Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Skincare Routine for Accutane

Since being on Accutane, my skin has been intensely dry and my lips are peeling. Makeup appeared very patchy. But have trying all kinds of product, I have found my holy grail products!


I cannot go out without makeup because I have too many scars and deep redness on my face. I would feel like people are focusing on my acne, rather than who I am behind all that. 



My first holy grail product is oatmeal. Oatmeal has replaced all my cleansers and trust me I have tried so many products over the past year. However, these products are no longer fit for my skin being on Accutane. They are all too harsh, even the cream cleansers. Even my favorite Biore cleanser has become too drying for my skin. The idea of using oatmeal as my cleanser came from Bubzbeauty. [http://youtu.be/7e5_RVBwNjE] She shared her story of her skin being extremely allergic and sensitive. Skin under acne treatment, especially something like Accutane, should also be treated gently. Oatmeal makes your skin feel hydrated and a perfect spa treatment for your skin and even your drying peeling lips!




Before I take my shower, I put a handful of oatmeal in a plastic container and fill it up with warm to not very hot water, almost just a palmful of water only.  In the shower, I like to take off my makeup with the DHC Deep Cleansing Oil. Before Accutane, I loved loved lovedddd the Clinque Rinse-off Foaming Cleanser because of how gentle and effective it is to take off my makeup. But it has been a bit dry as well. The oil cleanser does not do as good of a job removing foundation, but it is fabulous to remove eye makeup! Sometimes, I like to switch up my routine by using the deep clean cream cleanser. I do not love it, but I guess it will do for now.


 AHHH!!! Sorry for the scary picture, but I take the oatmeal that has been sitting in the container and I massage it into my skin. I like to take this time as my spa time, doing an oatmeal mask. I massage my chin and nose area longer because those areas have been excessively dry and peeling. I also focus on my lips because they do peel. I let the oatmeal soak in for about one to two minutes and gently rinse off the oatmeal. Don't need to rinse thoroughly. Sometimes, I like to leave the oatmeal water on my face because it just feels so hydrating.


I pat my face dry with a paper towel and apply my Clinique Even Better Dark Spot Corrector. I like to massage over areas where I would like to lighten the scars, mostly on my old acne marks, chin, and my nose area. Then I apply my Ren ClearCalm 3 Replenishing Night Serum. For skin under acne treatment, moisturizers are not enough. You would need a hydrating serum and Ren is an excellent brand for acne-prone skin.






















My second holy grail product is Vaseline. It was the only product that kept my skin from being dried out and peeling. I have tried moisturizers, argan oil, coconut oil, and many many more. Do not be alarm! My skin did not break out from using the oils, but rather it was not hydrating enough for my skin because of Accutane! Vaseline has been my life savor. I love putting it on my nose, chin, and lips and waking up the next morning feeling hydrated, rather than frustrated!!!


The white jar with the blue and red letterings all worn off is a jar of Egyptian Magic Cream. It use to be too oily and greasy for me, but now it helps make my makeup even more flawless. I like to apply Egyptian Magic Cream after apply my Clinique corrector, Ren Hydra-Calm Global Protection Day Cream, and sunscreen. I find that Egyptian Magic Cream blends better with makeup than Vaseline. Egyptian Magic Cream have so many uses - hair treatment, treatment for scars, cuticle treatment, and many more! A trick to draw out the full benefits of Egyptian Magic Cream is to warm up the cream between your fingers or in your palm before massaging it into the skin. The warmth helps the cream from being too oily or greasy on the skin. 

DO NOT use face moisturizers with salicylic acid or beta hydroxyl or harsh chemicals. Try to pick moisturizers that are more gentle and ideal for dry skin, rather than acne prone. The Accutane is fighting the acne for you already! Your skin needs moisture!! SO DRINK UP!!

Hope this helps those of you struggling from Accutane! 

Love,
Sweet&Bubblicious

No comments:

Post a Comment