Wednesday, June 26, 2013

My Acne Story

It has been so long since the last time I remember when I did not have a pimple on my face. I remember that my first pimple was a GIGANTIC yellow pimple on my nose back in high school. I had plans that day to go blowing with my friends, but I did not want to get laughed out so I pretended to be sick. I held a handheld mirror close to my face and was gently squeezing the pimple. With no force at all, the pimple exploded! And now I still have the large pore after six years :( Whenever I go tan, that is the part that remains red.






This picture was taken in 2008, five years ago. I had a few scars, the most obvious one is the scar on my nose. I did not know how to put on makeup at that time, but it did not bother me as much back then because it was high school! Everyone has one or two scars!












My worst breakouts happened when I started college. That was also when I started wearing makeup and you can tell, I was not very good at it. It was cakey and shiny. Pimples would appear. I was just uncomfortable. But it was still under control. I probably broke out one or two pimples around my period. I did not think too much into it.







In February 2013, my acne have worsen. I could not wash my face or touch it let alone put on makeup and go to class. It was sensitive to anything I put on my face. I believe that my attempt to try to control the acne with benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid cause the sensitivity to my face.










For several months, I have tried different medications and face products. However, medications did nothing to control the hormonal acne. I have gone on birth control, but I still break out on my chin and even more on my cheeks, noses, between my eyebrows, and between my breast. I tried to go back to the basic products I used back in high school to cleanse my face. Then, I tried I went facials to extract the pimples and use peels to lighten the scars. Facials definitely controlled my hormonal acne temporarily, but do not prevent new ones to appear. I bought different acne systems and continuously gotten facials.

In my next chapter, I will go on Accutane, a six month program that is supposedly "the cure for acne." Is this too good to be true or just the miracle I am looking for? I will be posting pictures of my acne progress and the foods that I eat everyday as a reference for those who may want to start Accutane as well. Hope people will find this helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment